Q: What is the Musang King Durian?
Malaysia’s Musang King Durian is Asia’s most sought after and expensive Durian variety. Due to its creamy texture and delicious bitter-sweet flavor, demand for the Musang King is so immense that it has resulted in a huge requirements for new Musang King Durian plantation producers in Malaysia.
Due to low supply and rapidly rising demand from China, Musang King prices are skyrocketing, resulting in prices reaching over 20 USD/KG in Singapore to a staggering 120 USD/KG in China!
Q: What is the global demand for Durian and Durian products?
The demand for raw Durian (fresh, frozen, paste and pulp) has a global retail value of over 14 USD Billion Annually, with its value expected to conservatively grow to more than 25 USD Billion by 2030. The market is now driven by China’s rapidly increasing demand, with large F&B brands such as McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, Nestle and Starbucks all introducing Durian infused products to capture client demand.
Durian products typically fall into 4 key market segments: Raw Durian Fruit, Desserts, Snacks and Beverages.
* Raw Durian Fruit is comprised of fresh, frozen and dry durian.
* Dessert products include ice cream, cake, jams and other pastries.
* Snacks include chips, crackers and confections such as candies.
* Beverages include coffee, tea, milk and sodas.
The key buyers of Durian include:
* Global, regional, and local F&B companies that produce their own durian based products from raw durian.
* Durian product manufacturers that sell white label products, and sell to F&B companies.
* Specialized fruit stores and stalls.
* Supermarkets & Restaurants.
* Specialized traders and importers.
Q: What is the global supply of Musang King Durian?
The demand for the Musang King Durian is continuously rising while the market is facing a growing and chronic supply shortage. As China’s consumption increases so will the need for further Musang King supplies. Existing Musang King supply is so low it can only meet 3% of global demand.
Additional supply of Musang King is immediately needed in order to meet rising global demand with Durian Harvests ideally positioned to do so. Currently their are only about 500,000 Musang King Durian trees in all of Malaysia.
Copyright 2021 Plantations International Holdings PTE. LTD.